I’m Heidi 👩🏻I’ve always had a bit of a knack for the arts, but it wasn’t until my mid-20s that I broadened my creative horizons to include woodworking and power tools🛠It all began as a hobby while I was working for the school board as a supply teacher and making signs on the side👩🏻🏫I was infatuated with the idea of working with my hands, creating art everyday, and making my own hours🕰 I removed my name from the supply list and took on my hobby full time. I felt vulnerable and blind of my own future, but there is a satisfaction in working for ones self and for creating something with ones hands that is unlike any other pleasure. This hobby was founded on my enjoyment of the arts but has expanded my creative repertoire immensely. I have learned so much in the past few years from learning about new tools and proper building processes, to managing the business side of things📁. They say old dogs can’t learn new tricks…but I assure you, they most certainly can. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for following along in this journey with me, I only hope that somewhere during our time together, you feel inspired to push your own boundaries, step out of your comfort zone, and explore your own creativity! ❤️
𝒽𝑒𝒾𝒹𝒾 | Timber & Tea
Very important things to know...
1. I’ve been a vegetarian since I was 12 (but the smell of meat still makes my mouth water)🤤
2. I got married in May of this year after dating for 6 years. He proposed on a mountain behind our favourite backcountry cabin.💍 #newlywed
3. I run produce stands and live in a trailer during the summer. 🌽
4. I got my first grey hair when I was 16 and there’s LOTs more now. #greyhairdontcare
5. I did ballet for 10 years and sometimes I twirl around the house when no one is looking🤸🏻♀️
6. I drink copious amounts of tea. ☕️
7. have my bachelor of education and worked on the supply list before starting Timber & Tea👩🏻🎓
8. I have a serious weakness for sweets.. chocolate bars, chips, candy= zero self control. 🍫#sweettooth
9. Not a morning person (although I wish I was!!) 😴
10. I enjoy sitting on the floor.
11. my husband put heated floors in our house so that my toes would always be warm, but he never lets me turn them on 😒
12. I made sure to include “thank you for promising me a pet pig one day” in our wedding vows so that he has to follow through. If he ever tries to back out, I can say “...but it was in our vows honey!”🐷 #thinkingahead
13. Until my mid 20s, I used to think food shouldn’t take longer to cook than it does to eat. Now I love cooking! 🥘
14. I love SUPER cold weather (like -30)when I can’t feel my face and its hard to breathe.
15. I think that the most peaceful place in the world is under water. 🌊
16. I don’t like people touching my hair👩🏻
17. My husband makes me tea Every. Single. Morning. ☕️
18. I don’t like anything on, in, near, or around my bellybutton (is this TMI??! 😬)
19. My middle name is JOY😁
20. I asked my husband to help me out with this last one by describing me. The first three words that came to his head were: sensitive, kind, & emotional 😂
DIY Do-er 🛠
Mountain Lover 🗻
Tea Drinker ☕️
Tree Hugger 🌲
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for following along on this journey with me, I only hope that somewhere during our time together, you'll feel inspired to push your own boundaries, step out of your comfort zone, and explore your own creativity!